We finished the foundation! It was very exciting to know that we could get started on ramming earth walls soon. Since a lot of this week involved waiting for the foundation and lower thirds of the cast earth columns to cure, we spent our time digging on site to either remove earth from where there was too much, or add where the ground needed to be raised. We also had a sample metal bracket made, which we will be using for the posts by the patio and to connect our columns to the roof structure. The design worked, and we had 3 made in thicker gauge metal for us to install once the columns are ready to be poured.
(Click through to read more)